Registration Policy for Limited Size Classes
1. Deposits for all classes are as follows:
One (1) -Day Courses - $150 (full tuition)
Weekend Courses - $100 (2, 3 or 4 day classes)
One (1) -week Courses - $300
2. The registering student will not be considered registered until the office
sends them a confirmation. If the registrant has not received a confirmation after
registering it is the registrants’s responsibility to contact the school and make sure
Louisiana School of Bushcraft has received the student’s payment. If the student
registered by email, he or she should receive an emailed confirmation with-in 48
hours. If the student registered by mail, fax or phone he or she will receive a
mailed confirmation with-in one (1) week. If the student registers at the office
directly he or she should receive a confirmation at that time. If the student plans
to pay at the office directly it is important to call ahead so arrangements can be
made for a Louisiana School of Bushcraft staff member to be available to meet
3. Balance of tuition must be received two (2) weeks prior to the class. Louisiana
School of Bushcraft shall debit the registered students credit card on this date. If
paying by check or money order, it is the student’s responsibility to have the
balance in on time. If the student has not paid the balance at least two (2) weeks
prior to class, Louisiana School of Bushcraft will assume that you have canceled
and your deposit will be forfeited. If the student registered for classes that are
back to back the balance for the second class will be due two (2) weeks prior to
4. If the student cancels two (2) or more weeks prior to class and your slot is
filled, Louisiana School of Bushcraft will give a full refund or the full amount may
be credited to another Louisiana School of Bushcraft event. Due to legal reasons
a written request must be submitted by the student documenting which option
5. If the student cancels less than two (2) weeks prior to class but one (1) week
prior to the class he/she may receive a partial credit or refund as a administrative fee will be assessed by Louisiana School of Bushcraft.
6. If the student does not arrive at class and has not cancelled, the entire class
payment will be forfeited. The student will have until the start of class to arrive
or notify the school of their absence.
7. All class credits are valid for one (1) year. The student’s credits will be kept on
file at Louisiana School of Bushcraft’s main office for one (1) year. If the student
has not registered for a class within the one (1) year limit then all credits will be
forfeited. The credits can be transferred to a class scheduled outside of the one
(1) year limit, but must be transferred within the one (1) year limit.
8. Credits are transferable only once. If you redeem your credits, then cancel
your registration for that class, your credits will not be transferable again and
those credits will be forfeited.
9. In the unlikely event that Louisiana School of Bushcraft cancels or changes
class dates, you will be given a full refund or class credits, whichever you choose.
The registered student must submit a signed written request documenting which
option they choose. Louisiana School of Bushcraft will not be liable for any other
costs due to cancellations or date changes.
10. When a class closes, a waiting list is automatically started. You will be notified
of your placement on the waiting list. If the student chooses to register by mail
or fax and the class roster was filled before Louisiana School of Bushcraft received
the registration package, Louisiana School of Bushcraft will either give you credit
towards the next class of the students choice or give a full refund. Louisiana
School of Bushcraft will attempt to notify the student first by email or phone
and then by mail. Due to legal reasons a signed written request must be
submitted by the student documenting which option they prefer. If the
registering student attempts to register on-line or by phone for a class that has
a full roster then registration will be declined.
11. Credits are not transferable between students. The exception is if a
registered student is younger than seventeen (17) the credits may be
transferred to the accompanying parent or guardian. Due to legal reasons a
signed written request must be submitted by the student documenting which
option they prefer. All timeline requirements still apply to this credit transfer.
12. Both the parent / guardian and the student to be accompanied will be
obligated to pay the class tuition. If the parent / guardian meets the requirements
to volunteer for the class this policy may be altered. Please contact Louisiana
School of Bushcraft at
1. All students must be seventten (12) years old to attend Tinderbundle classes. All students
between the ages of twelve (12)-sixteen (16) must be accompanied by a parent
or guardian. All students between the ages of twelve (12)-sixteen (16) will be
required to have a liability waiver signed by the student’s parent or guardian. All
twelve (12) or older must be twelve (12) years old by the first day of class.
Students who are accompanying guardians must be 18 years old by the first day
of class. All students who will not be accompanied by a parent or guardian must
be seventeen (17) years old by the first day of class.
2. All students must sign a Liability Waiver upon arrival at Louisiana School of
3. All students must submit a signed copy of the Cancellation/ Registration Policy
before registering at Louisiana School of Bushcraft. If the student chooses to
register online the Cancellation / Registration Policy will need to be agreed upon
before registering, but the student will still be expected to sign a copy upon
arrival at Louisiana School of Bushcraft. If the student is between the ages of
twelve (12)-sixteen (16) both policies shall be signed by the parent or guardian.
4. Louisiana School of Bushcraft is not responsible for personal items that have
been broken, stolen, lost, or forgotten. If you feel your personal property has
been stolen or tampered with while attending a Louisiana School of Bushcraft
class, inform a staff member and it will be reported to the local authorities for
5. Louisiana School of Bushcraft cannot accept student mail or phone calls
(except for emergencies)
6. Use of video recorders is not permitted.
7. Use of audio recorders is not permitted
8. Pet’s only for the visually impaired are allowed during class. All other pets are
not permitted during classes.
9. Use of illegal/illicit drugs or alcohol is not permitted and will result in your
immediate removal from class without a refund.
10. Firearms are not permitted during class.
11. Please do not bring protected bird species feathers to class.
12. There are no accommodations available before or after classes.
13. Louisiana School of Bushcraft is not responsible for your time between classes
that run back-to-back.
14. Fraternization is discouraged between students. If you feel a fellow student
is acting inappropriately towards you in class please notify an instructor.
15. If a Louisiana School of Bushcraft staff member (excluding volunteers) asks
you to curb your behavior and you choose not to, you will be removed from class
without a refund.
16. Students who attend class and want to leave should inform an instructor. It
is not advisable for students to leave on their own.